EMP/RF Shielded Enclosures
Protect Electronic Equipment With An Armag Shielded Enclosure
The effects of a large scale EMP/HEMP event, an Intentional Electro-magnetic Interference (IEMI) event, or a Geomagnetic Disturbance (GD) can be catastrophic. Depending on the strength of the pulse, such an event can damage or completely disable electronic equipment. Vulnerability can be reduced or eliminated by protecting essential and long lead time electronic equipment in an Armag shielded enclosure.
Our shielded enclosures are modular, making them re-locatable, quick to install, and are built to last for decades. Built entirely at our secure, U.S. manufacturing facility and delivered ready to use means no construction hassles and quick delivery.
MIL-STD 188-125-2 Protection and Beyond
Armag’s shielded enclosures are guaranteed to meet full military specifications required by MIL-STD 188-125-2, and consistently achieve +20dB of attenuation across all spectrums.
For commercial applications where shielding is desired, but military-grade security is not a requirement, we offer a customized, lower-cost shielded enclosure.
Complete HEMP/EMP Protection
Our shielded enclosures are constructed of ¼” steel with continuously welded perimeters. This conductive shell forms a faraday cage and provides electrical isolation. We use only certified point of entry accessories (shielded doors, input/output ports, air vents and piping), wave guides, and certified power line and signal line filters.
With the ability to provide Level 1 protection, allowing electronic equipment to survive , and Level 2 protection, allowing electronic equipment to continuously operate, our shielded enclosures can provide the necessary level of protection for your application.
Additionally, Armag’s Shielded Enclosures feature:
- Signal and power line filters, waveguides below cutoff, and other custom POE treatments
- Single or double knife-edge doors, optional lockways to provide uninterrupted protection
- Advanced corrosion prevention techniques for all POEs
- Structural hard mounts to securely fasten and ground mission critical equipment
- Re-deployable seam design to allow for larger facilities
Protection for Mission Critical Equipment
Shielded enclosures provide hardened protection for military, government and civil infrastructure organizations, data-dependent businesses, hospitals and others who desire RF/EMP shielded facilities for:
- Data centers
- Exterior building systems (backup generators, chillers, etc.)
- Command and control centers
- Critical operations control centers (SCADA)
- Critical communications centers
- Hospital operation and medical research facilities
Built for Your Unique Application
We custom build each shielded enclosure to meet our client’s requirements. Size, interior layout and security features can be configured to meet the needs of your specific application. Customizable features include:
- Interior space from 60 sq. ft. to 10,000 sq. ft.
- Interior dividing walls and doors
- Pre-wired communication ports, data ports and power receptacles
- HVAC climate control
- Equipment racks
- Intrusion detection system